Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Testimony Request

Just a reminder to everyone: I'm still making my booklet of testimonies from family and friends, and I would love to have yours!

My mission president is encouraging the incoming missionaries to bring a photo album of things about our home and families ("American things") to show investigators in Japan. I thought it would be a great idea to include testimonies along with photos to share. I'll translate them into Japanese, but I've heard that Japanese kids learning English love to practice, so what better way to practice reading than by reading testimonies of Jesus Christ!

Additionally, I'd like to translate and write the testimonies I've gathered into copies of the Book of Mormon that I give away. I think having a personal statement of truth inside written by someone living thousands of miles away could make a special impact on an investigator learning about our worldwide church.

Here's what I am looking for: a short and simple testimony, maybe one or two paragraphs long, expressing your feelings about Jesus Christ, Joseph Smith, the current prophet, the Book of Mormon, eternal families, or anything else that you hold especially dear and would like to share with investigators in Japan. 

I've received a few since Christmas, and I would love as many as possible! You can leave it as a comment on this blog, email me (until February 8th), email Tracey, or send me a snail mail letter at any time. If you have photos of you or your family doing fun American things, I would love to have those too!

Thank you, everyone!
Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment