Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Feb. 5th 2013- Larry's Birthday


Hi family,
First of all, there had BETTER be a good reason why Bridgette and Lacey haven't emailed me at all this year! Tyler emails every single week. Kick it up a notch, ladies! I want to hear about your liiiiiiiiiives!
 
Thank you for all the updates, family! It sounds like there's crazy stuff going on in the world right now. I'm just glad I don't have to worry about it yet. Life is so much simpler when all you have to think about is the closest four trains stations to your apartment and whether Matsunaga-San will actually pray on her own this week and we'd better drop a thank-you card off at the Bishop's house and should I wear two pairs of socks today or three? When I'm tempted to complain about things not going right I have to remember how blessed I am to work in one of the best countries in the world in a fabulous area with great people. It's been another slow week for missionary work in Kichijoji, but I've learned a lot. The Atonement of Jesus Christ is real, family, and Heavenly Father wants you to be happy but He wants you to work for it.
 
Thank you for the banana bread recipe! Something we also have a lot of is frosted flakes. The members keep giving them to us because they're always on sale at Seiyu (Wal-Mart) and they must figure missionaries want them. We were thinking of making rice krispy treats with them to give out, but marshmallows are kind of expensive here. Any ideas? All the elder make fun of "shimai dendo" (sister missionary-style work), but people really are happy when you deliver handmade goodies, not just show up and demand if they're reading the Book of Mormon or not. Principle for life, folks, sugar helps medicine go down.
 
Hmm...I don't have much to say so I'll give a plug for mormon.org. Has everyone checked out that website? The church is doing a great job creating and publishing videos of cool people who belong to the church. They're really well done and worth a +like on Facebook or whatever.
 
Have a great week, family! I love you and am glad we get to be together forever!
Stay strong Longs,
ロング姉妹

No comments:

Post a Comment