Tuesday, June 18, 2013

June 10, 2013


Hi family!
Thank you for the emails from everyone!
I totally messed up and didn't write happy birthday to Lacey and Tyler last week even though I totally had it written on my planner. Sorry! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I cannot BELIEVE Lacey just graduated! That makes me feel really old. It doesn't help that all the other missionaries call me "obachan" (Grandma).
 
This week was...well, you'll learn about it in a few weeks when I get around to the journal pages. It was a really long and interesting learning experience, that's for sure. Things are looking on the up-and-up, companionship-wise. Next week we get transfer calls, and then our mission is splitting into Tokyo and Tokyo South! Had I told you that already? We'll see how it goes.
 
First of all, I am VERY disappointed that nobody did the homework I gave out last week! But I guess you were all busy playing in Manhattan (do I get to come next year?) so hopefully I'll get some responses next week! Has the restored gospel changed you? How?
 
This week we got to hear from Elder Ringwood (Asia Area President) who had us all study Moroni 7 before the conference. It was a really enlightening experience, and it reminded me of something Karmin sent me in an email this week:
Faith is believing in God.
Hope is believing in yourself.
Charity is believing in others.
 
I feel so blessed to be a missionary. I love the Lord and I love serving Him. I feel His love for me being placed in an environment where I can grow and help others grow. Thank you all for your support and encouragement. I love you very much! You're the best!
Long Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment