Saturday, May 11, 2013

Letter May 7, 2013


Hi family,
 
Thank you for all the emails this week! I had no idea you were thinking so seriously about moving! I'm sure we'll talk more about it on Skype next week along with plans for coming home and stuff, which I DON'T want to think about, but it's coming up and maybe you guys can help me figure out what to do with my life.
 
Wylie Shimai and I will be Skyping you on Tuesday morning for us, so that's MONDAY EVENING for you! We couldn't make Mother's Day because of our transfer schedule, but you can make it a nice FHE! I'm not sure exactly what time it will be, but hopefully it'll be around 6pm or so? I'm not sure what our skype username is in Kiryu, so could you email me yours?
 
There are TWO bits of news in this email. The first is that Wylie Shimai and I had a baptism this weekend!!! It was such a miracle! Our sweet Ogiwara-san made it from lesson one to baptism in a little over a month. It was a whirlwind and we feel so blessed. He had a sweet service that almost the whole ward came to and participated in. It was such a joyful experience, but of course the real joy is yet to come as he receives the gift of the Holy Ghost, gets the Priesthood, prepares for temple blessings, and hopefully finds himself a wife! Thank you for your prayers and faith, because I know they helped!
 
The other surprise is that the two of us got our transfer call a week early---we are both staying in Kiryu and training two new missionaries together! Due to a scheduling issue, 20 new missionaries are coming to Tokyo this Thursday instead of next Tuesday, and President is shipping two brand new sisters out into the countryside to liven up Kiryu ward! We are SO excited to get to spend the rest of our missions together raising the next generation of missionaries in Tokyo! This place is Zion and we LOVE it.
 
My time is really short today because we spent all P-day in downtown Tokyo and at the temple, but I will email/talk/see all of your lovely faces next Monday evening! I love you all SO MUCH!
Long Shimai
 
P.S. I'm attaching some random photos of us working, cleaning the font, being missionaries, and being proud of our newest Kiryu ward member! Enjoy C:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment